Monday, March 1, 2010

Our Lenten Journey---The Holy Heroes Stations of the Cross

I didn't want another day to pass without sharing some of the activities we are concentrating on during this Lenten season.
We have been working with our beautiful three part rosary cards, learning all the mysteries of the rosary. We also use these with the little children, so they have something to look at during the family rosary. The download for these beautiful cards can be found at The Bookworm.
Also, in the picture above, you can see the Holy Heroes Stations of the Cross CD and the accompanying coloring book-The Road to Calvary.
To put it mildly, I was amazed with this remarkable cd. My 3, 4, 8, and 10 year olds were mesmerized while we listened to this rendition of the Passion on Christ. We all took part in the prayers and it was a very moving experience, even for my teenagers.
Right now, Holy Heroes is offering a special price of $5.00 for the cd and coloring book, and considering the normal price of the cd and book is over $16.00, this is an amazing deal.
Kimberly working on the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary cards.
Several years ago I made a set of Stations of the Cross pictures. Simply laminated, they have lasted for years. I am sorry to say that I can't find the link to this pdf. file anymore.
We place these around the living room to make praying the Stations of the Cross more meaningful in our home.
The last two images of the Stations of the Cross end at our Stations votive candles.
And to provide full disclosure about the "real" truth of living with 10 people in a 960 square foot home, I give you this picture of our beautiful prayerful area of our living room...
Yes, it is on top of the little children's toy kitchen.
God bless, and have a holy and blessed Lenten season.

5 comments:

Aliadelaide said...

I really like your Lenten ideas. I think your use of space is such a positive idea!
I wondered if you could tell me where you got the picture of the family kneeling in prayer on your side-bar?
It is really beautiful.
Thank you once again for your post and your great blog!

Anonymous said...

I really like that family picture too.....very peaceful.

I love your honesty Joann. And I like how you use your space. Your children are so blessed to have you as a mother. Someday they are gonna miss your "small home".

BTW--I missed your original post when you made the SACRIFICE votive candle holder (or whatever its called) I kept wondering how you made it....We need to make something like that. My oldest son likes to pull on the cloth on the altar....the candles arent exactly in a straight line:)

Texas Exiles said...

Beautiful!
We love the Holy Heroes CD for the Stations, too.
I even used it with my CCD class last Sunday between Masses. We actually had a small group of grown ups following us around praying with us (I downloaded my CD to my ipod, so took it and the dock to play it.)
Trish

Texas Exiles said...

Oops!
10yo daughter informed me we did the Glory Stories CD Stations of the Cross, not Holy Heroes!
Trish

Texas Exiles said...

Oops!
10yo daughter informed me we did the Glory Stories CD Stations of the Cross, not Holy Heroes!
Trish