Sunday, September 13, 2009

Tot School


Kimberly is currently 40 months old
We had a lot of fun this week with many "family fun" activities, of which Kimmy joined.
One project we did was to make paper mosaic pencil cans.
Kim was very proud of her finished can---perfect for holding her "stuff."
There was tree climbing enjoyed at Grandma's house,and learning the fine art of using an IPOD and earbuds....this photo is after a hard day of playing on Labor Day with a lot of cousins.
We made blue ocean jell-o complete with Nemo gummy fish.
I am continually amazed at Kimberly's coloring ability and patience. She sticks to it long after both Luke-4 and Grace-7 are long gone--and she colors in the lines very well.
We have continued to work on rhyming.
These two piece rhyming puzzles are perfect for Kim.
I do only give her about 7 or 8 pairs at a time so she doesn't get overwhelmed.
Check out the rhyming words puzzle here.
We have also added another very cool item to our Tot-school.
A new "tools for tots": noodle blocks.
Above, Kim is using these "blocks" for stamp painting.
We cut two noodles into different lengths.
I have set this group of 9 "blocks" aside to use in lining up by size.
Kim was proud, that after a few tries, she was able to line them up correctly.
Just 2 noodles, from the Dollar Store, made a whole box of fun.
Building towers...
and towns. After a while, Kim got out her Little People to play with in the town she made.
I also want to get a thin rope to string these on. I think Kim would enjoy doing that.
We talked about animal habitats this week.
Using this card game of the big kids, we simply looked at the habitats: ocean, desert, polar, and rainforest and talked about the animals in the cards and then put the animals into their proper catergory.
She did quite well, and at the same time learned about some new animals.
Soccer season has started, and with 3 players and a coach in the family, we spend a lot of time on the sidelines.
We were also blessed to receive a couple bags of clothes and goodies from a friend yesterday, and these are the treasures that Kim picked out and wore for the next 6 or so hours.
Kim and Luke also learned the finer art of working the consession stand.
Check out all the Tot-School posts at 1+1+1=1.

4 comments:

Caseybumpinalong said...

I love the noodle ideas! We have about 4 noodles in the house that I've been trying to figure out how to store until next summer, but I think I just found a better idea :). Thanks for sharing!

Rhonda said...

She sure is growing and so precious. I love all that you do with your kiddos and I love Santa fairy outfit. LOL!

Nicole {tired, need sleep} said...

I love all the noodle activities! You are so creative to think of those - I've seen them so often at the dollar store but never had any use for them! And I love the climbing trees picture!

barrellfullofmonkeys said...

Outstanding pool noodle idea!! I'm going to cut a bunch up tonight :)

Kathy D.