Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Author Fiesta-Where is the Green Sheep?

Kim and Luke have a new favorite book, Where is the Green Sheep?, by Mem Fox, June's Author Fiesta author.
It is a good book if it keeps a 2 year olds attention!
I made these little sheep and colored them the same colors as in the book. I then got out my favorite "school tool" my lamintator, and made then nice and sturdy. We have been matching our sheep to each other and to pictures in the book. It is especially exciting to find where we hide the "Green Sheep." The book is from the library, but this may be one that we have to purchase, or in today's economy, I will put it on our perpetual request list from the interloan library service.

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Those sheep print outs are so cute!

Maryan said...

Ditto what Rhonda said!! Thanks for the book suggestion!

Anonymous said...

Hello and thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You have a very lovely family and beautiful children. You certainly are an inspiration!

Anonymous said...

That also became my three and four year olds' new favorite. We read it over and over until it was memorized. I think we might have to buy that one too. They will love your sheep cut outs idea!

Your two year old might also enjoy the Mercy Watson series. We have them out of the library almost constantly. They are really cute stories abot the Watson's and their pet pig.