Saturday, May 3, 2008

Toddler "School"

Kimberly's all-time favorite book right now is Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See?
She will listen to this story over and over again.

So, I decided to make a "school" activity to go along with this story for Luke and Kim.
I found these real cute printables at the kidzclub website. They are real big on this site, but my husband knew how to make them a reasonable size. (I, on the other hand, don't not have this amazing knowledge.) I printed the smaller pictures and then laminated them.
Kim and Luke's birthdays are this week, and they are turning 2 and 3, but this activity really got their attention. They enjoyed following the story and putting the pictures in the correct order, and even Kimberly could do it. They are also learning to take turns, this seems to be a bigger challenge than putting the pictures in order.

They did this three times in a row and then I put it away. We will show Daddy when he gets home, and then we will save it for "toddler school time."

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

What a great activity...I'll have to try this one with my toddler and see how she does with it. Thanks!

Rhonda said...

Such a great lesson for those little ones. I love my laminator and would be lost without it. I laminate everything! My kids go running when I take it out. I think that they are afraid that I will laminate them. =P