Monday, March 17, 2008

Hooded Merganser

Yesterday, my Mom, Dad and I took a "scenic" ride on the way home from very sad calling hours for a father of a young family who died suddenly. After this, it was nice to wind through the countryside looking for some nature.
We weren't dissappointed when we spotted something new, mixed in with a few hundred geese, were strange little ducks. I didn't have my camera, so today I returned and spotted this pair of Hooded Mergansers right away.
I have never seen any of these little ducks in my 40 some years, and my mom and dad have never seen these in their 70 or so years either.
(So Kim, this is a big deal for us-LOL)
We have been investigating this pair of ducks now, and we are hopeful that they will nest here.
I will be watching them- now I know where they are!

(Here is a photo I didn't take of a Hooded Merganser)

1 comment:

Michelle Waters said...

Wow, that's quite a sight!