Saturday, January 12, 2008

Exploring China-Part 3

We finished our week exploring China by learning about the Chinese New Year and by making these wonderful Chinese dragons. I found many different patterns for making dragons online, but I am sorry that I can't find the exact link for this particular one, sorry.
I also found two videos to go along with our study.

Big Bird in China : This video was wonderful. It showed many of the places and animals that we had learned about during the week. Even my older kids enjoyed watching.Yeh-Shen: A Cinderella Story from China: We read this story when we focused on Cinderella stories from around the world, and this video was a fun addition to our study.

I am afraid this will finish up with our China study. I believe it is time to get down to the nitty gritty of concentrating on "reading, 'riting, and 'rithmatic", but I am sure that it won't last for long.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Joanne
Thank you so much for your posts on China, I had just decided that we are going to 'travel' China for Term 1 and you have managed to enthuse me and give me valuable resources and ideas at the same time:):)

Lisa said...

Hey, if you get a chance and run across it, the Travel Channel has a show called "Walking the World" in which they walked a section of the Great Wall. I bet it'll replay soon, as they always do...