Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Our Advent Log

Inspired by Dawn's advent post last year, when the need arose for a new advent wreath this year, I decided to go the untraditional route and make an advent log.

I sent my wonderful husband outside at my Dad's house on Sunday, and he graciously cut down a birch tree. (It had died and needed to be removed anyway.)
I told both Pat and my Dad what my idea was and they headed downstairs with the log and then emerged with this log with the holes drilled into it perfectly.

Yesterday I purchased new candles for the log and they fit perfectly. It is very sturdy. Last year we just used four candlesticks, and that wasn't practical or safe. This is perfect.
I have added the artificial greens to it and it looks ok, but I think the next time I am at Mom and Dad's, I will cut some cedar to place around the candles.
It has a lovely, simple look that we are sure to enjoy for at least the next several years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey we have 10 kids & a dog...