Saturday, November 24, 2007

The Liturgical Wheel

As the Liturgical year draws to a close I wanted to show the children the yearly cycle of the church. I found this very simple version of the Liturgical wheel at St. Francis Academy
that we used as a coloring page.

We are very excited to be headed into the season of Advent, which will be full of our preparations for the coming of Our Lord as a baby.

Today we were also reminded that the Baby we are waiting for is also the King of heaven and earth. Tomorrow we will celebrate the Feast of Christ the King, and in honor of this day we made crowns to remind us that the same Baby born in a manger, the same Jesus who died on a cross, is the same Jesus whom is the Supreme Being, the King of heaven and earth.

2 comments:

His Servant: Ann Kraeger said...

Awsome!!!!! It's good to see you back in the saddle again. That's a craft that I think I'll try with my religion class.

Anonymous said...

Hey, now this I can do!!! Simple, clear and uncluttered. Love it, so often fail to achieve it--thanks for the help!!

I also love the crown on the crucifix--never would've thought of that. (Too simple, clear and uncluttered for me, I guess!) :)

Thanks for the great ideas!

Warmly,
Eileen