Monday, November 5, 2007

Away to Australia

Last week and this week we have embarked on an exciting trip to Australia.
We have begun our journey with the help of a lapbook from Hands of a Child.
I have come to realize that this type of learning is very helpful in the education of Mark and Grace. They definetly learn more, the more "hands on" projects they do.
I have found quite a few wonderful picture books about Australia thanks to the 4Real Learning
ladies. I can always count on them to come up with super reading lists.
Our Australia Books:
REFERENCE
Coral Seas--Roger Steene-Great Barrier Reef
Australia in Pictures--Ann Kerns-reference
Top to Bottom Down Under--Ted Lewin-GREAT reference

PICTURE BOOKS:
Farmer Schultz's Ducks--Thiele
Wombat Stew--Vaughan
Rainbow Bird--Maddern-Aboriginal Folktale
Wombat Divine--Fox-Australian animal nativity
Ernie Dance to the Didgeridoo--Alison Lester
Bright Star--Gary Crew
Flood Fish--Robyn Eversole
Sebastain Lives in a hat
The Old Woman Who Loved to Read
Pumpkin Runner

Chapter Book
The Complete Adventures of Snugglepot and Cuddlepie--May Gibbs

2 comments:

Erin said...

You've got some lovely books there, I love Colin Thiele's books and May Gibbs particularly:) If you check later in the week I'll post some pictures of Australian wildlife around our property for the children. Kangaroos, Kookaburras etc.

His Servant: Ann Kraeger said...

I think I would like to live with your family. You go to such exciting places. It's time for me to visit with Grace and Mark. What do you think? I'm baking bread on Wednesday. Does Thursday sound good for a visit?