Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day 2007

Summer is coming to an end and the weather is beginning to cool down quite a bit. Yesterday it was 40 degrees when we got up in the morning, but the sunshine is still raising the temperatures into the 80's in the afternoon.
We went to Grandma and Grandpa's to do some yardwork this morning. Matt trimmed all the bushes.
While Matt was busy working, I took the kids for a walk to the creek and the train tracks. We found these beautiful spotted touch-me-nots along the creek,
and a passenger train sped by just at the right time.

After dinner, the kids and I went out and transformed our summer time flagpole into our autumn flagpole. Everybody was helping.

Gracie seems to blend right in with our scarecrows-Jack and Jill.

2 comments:

montessori_lori said...

What a cute autumn display! Just wanted to let you know that you won the Friday Giveaway this past week...please email me with your address so I can send it! (Just click "contact us" at the top of my website). Thanks! Lori

Anonymous said...

Oh what autumn brings...looking forward to the changes. God works His will in mysterious ways. Kim