Saturday, August 11, 2007

A Busy Saturday

It is the weekend so we headed to a party today. We attended a family reunion this afternoon and saw a lot of family that we don't see often enough.
Before we headed out I made Matt, along with Mark, pose with the sunflower house. I want you to notice the morning glories blossoming so nicely among the sunflowers. I am very pleased about this because after I planted them, I read the seed packet. It stated to soak the seeds for 24 hours before planting. I left out this step, so I am pleasantly surprised at the great results in spite of my lack of direction reading.


I didn't take pictures at the reunion as many people were snapping away and I was watching a lot of children, but after the picnic at Grandma and Grandpa's house I took this cute picture of cousins enjoying a video game.


This evening Laura got Kim to do something that we have been trying to get her to do for quite some time----WINK----on demand. Laura also took this wonderful photo of her showing off her new talent.


We ended the evening lying of a blanket in the backyard watching the Perseid Meteor shower. The peak is tomorrow night right before dawn when they expect 60 meteors an hour, but we did see three big meteors shoot across the sky with their tails blazing. We also saw many smaller streaks.
It was spectacular!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the reminder about the meteors-I'll be watching tonight. KIM

Anonymous said...

Love the photos...sunflowers, cousins, a talented toddler and meteor viewing!

His Servant: Ann Kraeger said...

Tell Mark I'm packed and ready to move into the sunflower house whenever he says it's ready. Can't wait.