Saturday, April 14, 2007

Unexpected Gifts

There is nothing I can say that would show how much as unexpected gift can mean. Today my daughter Becky went on a lunch date with a girl friend and after lunch they did some shopping.
She got me a gift. There was no reason, no birthday, no Christmas, no Mother's Day. I asked her why and she simply told me that she got it for me because she wanted to.

Becky, I want you to know, I love you more than words could ever say. Thank You!

Inspired by the reading of Saint George and the Dragon, today Mark and Grace made swords and shields. Mark's shield was a good copy of Saint George's shield in the book. Grace's sword on the other hand, had a more feminine touch. She wanted a flower on hers. They both came out very nice. Their swords are cardboard and a lot of duct tape. I made Amy some soccer /capri/sleep pants today. I suggested that she wear them to soccer practice, but she thinks that she will only wear them to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joannoften,
Would you please let Becky know how much her "G.Mama and G.Papa" love her, also. We are so very proud of her!! Let Mark and Grace know their swords are pretty neat.
Love ya, -Mama